Get out and about and join the Jewellery Quarter in celebrating its rich heritage over the weekend of 29 and 30 June 2019. Now in its fifth year, The JQ Festival takes place in Hockley, Birmingham B18 6ND, and all are welcome! Enjoy the (hopefully) Summer sunshine with a packed programme offering family-friendly activities and entertainment which includes the following:-
- Live music
- Arts and crafts
- Jewellery making
- Street food
- Face painting and balloon modelling
- Magic Giant Scalextric
- Interactive storytelling
- Independent brewers
- History talks and heritage walks, including a James Watt re-enactor celebrating the bicentenary of James Watts – the industrial pioneer who lived in the Quarter between 1777 and 1790.
- Demonstrations by the JQ’s local makers who will be opening their workshops
- You can also jump on the miniature steam train for a trip across the Golden Square or perhaps you fancy driving a state-of-the-art tram simulator!
- School of Jewellery Open Day (29 June)
There really is something for everyone! For full information and timings visit the festival’s website.
B4 Car Park
If you’re coming in to the city by car, a great place to park is B4. Just a 10-15 minute walk from the JQ Festival it’s a secure place to leave your vehicle while you join in the fun. The entrance is on Weaman Street, just off the A38(M).
- Safe – CCTV cameras, staff on site, well-lit floors
- Family-friendly – lifts to all floors, toilets, baby change
- 24/7 access
Discount on weekend parking
Although B4 is open to everyone, if you sign-up for FREE membership you get 50% off the standard tariff at weekends and 20% off the standard tariff during the week.